March 2023 UPDATE
- Ongoing industrial action by all railway unions continues to severely affect all services with some days seeing no trains running at all.
- One rail union, the TSSA has now accepted an offer.
- The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic continues to be felt on train travel with services and usage still well below pre-pandemic levels.
- Ticket prices rise again from 5 March, with an average increase of 5.9%.
- Chiltern’s franchise has ended and has been replaced by a 6-year Direct Award to Chiltern from the Department for Transport.
- West Midland Railways made changes to a number of services last December; Snow Hill lines were generally unchanged but changes are due from May 2023.
- Work starts at Warwick railway station to install lifts, at a cost of £6.8 million and will take a year to do.
- The SALRUA AGM will be on Tuesday 16 May 2023, at Oddfellows Hall, Leamington. Details will be in the next newsletter.
Please see the latest news on the RECENT NEWS page